Health & Safety Guidelines
Updated: April 14, 2021
ASTA is committed to providing all attendees with a safe experience during our in-person events. This page will be updated frequently and will include information about how we're working to keep you safe. By registering for an ASTA Event, attendees will be asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth by ASTA.
Must Know Information
Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the three months prior to the event should not attend an ASTA event in-person unless he/she has been cleared for travel by a health care provider.
All attendees will be required to sign a liability waiver during registration or prior to attending.
We strongly urge all attendees to adhere to the recommended safety protocols, including frequent handwashing and maintaining a six-foot distance from other attendees. Feel free to give as many air high-fives and waves as you want!
Posting photos or videos on social media is a great way to show your audience how to safely travel! If you document any part of your journey to, during, and from any of ASTA’s events, please make sure your social media posts reflect that you are observing health and safety practices such as social distancing and wearing a mask.
Croatia COVID-19 Updates and Guidelines
We are monitoring the health & safety requirements in Croatia in
partnership with the City & County of Dubrovnik, as well as the
Croatian National Tourist Office. With the expansion of COVID-19 testing
throughout the United States, attendees should be able to obtain a PCR
(swab) test through local testing sites. Click here for more information on testing through the U.S. Department of Health & Human services.
Currently, all travelers will need to have a negative PCR (swab) test
results no more that 48 hours old prior to entering Croatia.
Additionally, entry is permitted only with supplementary documentary
evidence of an accommodation paid in advance and in full, prior to
arrival at the border (presenting a copy of your reservation deposit is sufficient). All attendees must fill out the form on this website before departing to Croatia. All visitors to Croatia who stay longer for 10 days must be retested by the tenth day from the date of issue of the first PCR test.
Our host hotel, the Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik has upgraded the V-Health & Safety program with a V-care guarantee, thus providing the organization of all necessary health services during the stay of guests in the hotel (also in the case of COVID-19). Our hotel is a large and spacious resort with plenty of room for social distancing. The hotel meeting rooms are large and spacious allowing for curated floor plans that keep all attendees socially distanced at all times. Click here for more information! Please note: All attendees arriving from the United States must present a valid European Health Insurance Card to qualify for free treatment in public health institutions - all other medical treatments for attendees without an insurance card will require out of pocket payment.
COVID-19 Testing for Re-Entry into the United States
All attendees will have the ability to receive a COVID-19 test on the following dates for your return to the U.S. based on your post-Educational Journey choice. Testing will be available on the following days:
- No Educational Journey: June 13th at the Valamar Lacroma Dubrovnik Hotel
- Post-Stay in Dubrovnik: June 17th in Dubrovnik
- Post-Dubrovnik to Zagreb: June 18th in Zagreb
- Post-Explore Zagreb-Istria: June 19th in Zagreb
- Post-Dalmatian Highlights Cruise: June 17th or June 19th aboard ship
Please note: Cost of testing will be the attendee's responsibility. Estimated costs:
*Because of the fluctuating exchange rates, the pricing may vary between $1-$3 HRK.
- PCR Test: $79 HRK*
- Rapid Antigen Test: $24 HRK*
- Translation of Tests to English: $20 HRK*
Please refer to the CDC Requirement for Proof of Negative test webpage
for more detailed information.
- Vaccinated visitors must present a vaccination certificate. You must have received the second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before arrival. In the case of a single dose vaccine, a vaccination certificate must also be presented and the 14 day rule applies.
- Wearing protective masks is mandatory through the country of Croatia in all businesses/facilities where face-to-face contact is required.
- All of our Educational Journeys (FAM trips) will be based in the country of Croatia.
- For the most up-to-date information, please visit the U.S. Embassy in Croatia's website.